Summary of Position:
The Finance Director provides overall direction for all financial management, accounting and budgeting functions on behalf of the President & CEO. This position provides leadership and vision consistent with Pine Tree Society’s mission, vision and values for all aspects of the business office including staff development. This position is responsible for evaluating financial best practices externally and comparing them to internal systems and resources, with an eye towards future needs and budget realities. Finance Director will reconcile financial activities and be skilled at capturing key data and processes that influence agency Development needs.
Essential Finance Responsibilities:
· Ensures the development, implementation, maintenance and regular review of internal controls to ensure safeguarding of assets and reliability of financial statements.
· Develops cash flow forecasting and maintains a long-term cash forecast.
· Plans, develops, implements, monitors, and regularly reviews all company policies related to financial management, and business practices.
· Oversees all funds, accounts and balances and maintains an excellent working relationship with all financial institutions, funders, regulators, auditors and creditors.
· Ensures compliance with all financial, legal and contract reporting requirements for public and/or private funding, licensing or regulatory agencies.
· Ensures proper and adequate preparation for annual financial and business practices audit(s) and works with CPA firm to facilitate year-end review of the Society’s annual financial statements.
· Oversees the analysis, planning, preparation and management process for the Society’s budget, and presents the annual budget to the Financial Committee and Board of Directors for review and approval.
· Responsible for the analysis, development, implementation and regular review of the Society’s risk management plan and insurance program. This includes oversight of the annual insurance renewal process and ensures appropriate coverage is maintained at all times.
· Ensures appropriate review of contracts and solicits external legal advice as needed.
· Provides support and back-up to Human Resources for payroll and benefits administration.
· Responsible for regular and timely financial management reporting including key metrics reports, and accompanying analysis, and ensures financial management reporting processes are in place to support the ongoing and future needs of the organization.
· Supports efforts to maintain and/or increase funding for new and existing programs and projects by providing cost analysis, budget planning and oversight.
Develops team members
through effective communication, establishing clear expectations and empowering
professional growth and development.
Essential Executive Team Responsibilities:
· As a member of the Executive team; defines, develops and carries out long-term organizational strategies consistent with the Society’s mission, vision and values so that the Society remains successful, viable and relevant.
· Sees beyond the numbers to identify trends and new possibilities.
· Supports the Board of Directors’ efforts to fulfill the Society’s mission and goals by serving as staff liaison to the Finance Committee and developing mutually satisfactory relationships between staff and Board committees.
· Evaluates agency systems regularly and develops, streamlines and recommends improvements accordingly
management of all locations excluding Pine Tree Camp.
Essential Facilities Responsibilities:
management of all locations excluding Pine Tree Camp.
Qualifications; knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Experience with and/or understanding of the special requirements of operating in a non-profit business setting including a sound knowledge of compliance regulations and ethics for organizations working within the not-for-profit sector.
· Possess strong business acumen.
· Commitment to a team-oriented, collaborative and supportive work environment that promotes personal responsibility, integrity, productivity and mutual respect.
· Advanced knowledge of and experience working with accounting and databases and billing softwares, i.e. Microsoft Dynamics, HealthFusion, USked,Therap, etc.
· Strong analytic skills and experience with strategy development and implementation.
· Ability to communicate effectively with a diverse staff, the Board of Directors, clients, the general public and representatives of other service providers.
· Ability to build effective teams, coach, and develop others and to lead others through change and new strategic initiatives.
· Ability to organize time effectively and remain flexible to meet occasionally competing demands requiring time and attention.
· Possess, excellent written and oral presentation skills. Ability to compose correspondence and other written material that is creative, concise and demonstrates good command of the English language.
· Ability to travel and maintain work hours that may extend beyond a 40-hour work week.
· Possess a valid driver’s license with a clear driving record, have a reliable vehicle with at least the state minimum automobile insurance coverage and the ability and willingness to travel to off-site locations.
Ability to pass a
criminal background check, Adult Protective Services, Child Protective
Services, US DHHS Fraud Prevention and Protection (OIG) and MaineCare
· Bachelor’s Degree or higher in accounting, business or a closely related field.
· At least five years’ experience in a senior financial management role in a complex financial environment with a $10+ million budget.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life, short-term disability and voluntary benefits as well as a generous PTO policy, 11 paid holidays, a 403(b) retirement plan and a friendly and professional workplace atmosphere focused on impact. EOE.
Additional Job Information
How To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to Trish Hansen, HR Assistant, via email at email@example.com, or mail to: Trish Hansen Pine Tree Society 149 Front Street Bath ME 04530
Application Deadline: 12/1/2017
Category: Executive/Senior Management, Finance/Accounting
Job Type: Full-Time
Region: Mid Coast - Southern
Specific Location: Bath
• Post ID: 6866827 maine