Safe Passage/Camino Seguro serves 500 children and their families in the impoverished Guatemala City garbage dump community. Through holistic education, daily meals, health care, social support services and adult education, Safe Passage aims to break the cycle of poverty and help these families find opportunities beyond the garbage dump. Safe Passage is currently transitioning from an after-school reinforcement program to an accredited full-day school, adding one grade level each year. The Annual Fund and Communications Manager will play an important role in ensuring Safe Passage’s financial stability throughout this transition, as well as ensuring appropriate messaging of all progress and updates to the program.
Summary of Position:
The Annual Fund and Communications Manager (AFCM) works to advance Safe Passage’s mission in two principal ways:
- Through the development and implementation of the annual giving campaign (appeal letters, cultivation mailings, annual report, etc.)
- Through the management of Safe Passage’s communications, brand, and online presence.
The AFCM works closely with the Associate Director of Development to ensure the success of the Annual Fund, and collaborates with all members of the development staff in the U.S. office to ensure appropriate cultivation and stewardship of all donors. The AFCM also works closely with the Communications Coordinator in Guatemala to facilitate a steady stream of content (stories, photos, videos and other information) from our program site in Guatemala to our U.S. office. The AFCM creates social media content, blogs, e-newsletters, appeal letters, cultivation pieces and other marketing materials using the information received from Guatemala.
This position reports to the Associate Director of Development and is supported by an external graphic designer.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
● Manage the annual production calendar and ensure timely completion of all Annual Fund materials
● Develop and write content of all Annual Fund materials (appeal letters, “impact update” cultivation mailings, email appeals, annual report, etc.)
● Work closely with contracted graphic designer to a) ensure all materials meet the Safe Passage brand guidelines, b) ensure all materials are sent to the print house on time and c) create marketing materials as needed (brochures, business cards, etc.)
● Manage the Safe Passage website (WordPress), including content writing and maintenance
● Manage online donation pages (via Blackbaud Online Express)
● Manage social media (with help from Communications Coordinator in Guatemala)
● Write and send monthly e-newsletters and other mass emails (via Blackbaud Net Community and MailChimp)
● Participate in the appropriate stewardship of all donors
● Event support as needed
Education and professional attributes
● Strong technical knowledge of fundraising/CRM systems such as Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, or equivalent
● Demonstrated experience working with online platforms such as WordPress and MailChimp, or equivalent
● Excellent verbal and written communications including copywriting and persuasive writing
● Highly organized and detail-oriented
● Enjoys working on a small, collaborative team
● Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator) desired
● Fluent in conversational Spanish desired
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package. Salary commensurate on experience.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: Safe Passage’s office is currently located in Yarmouth, ME but will be moving to the Pineland campus in New Gloucester in late October.
Safe Passage is an equal opportunity employer.
Additional Job Information
How To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter to: Mariah@safepassage.org No phone calls please
Category: Development/Fundraising, Marketing/Communications
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary: Based on experience
Start Date: Immediately
Region: Portland Area
Specific Location: Pineland/New Gloucester
• Post ID: 6576922 maine